Monday, March 23, 2009

Pandan Chiffon Cake

Let me see, how long have I not make chiffon cake now?? Hmm.....probably a good 3 years up to now! I remember when I was in California, I used to whip up a Pandan chiffon cake like once every other week! Some how it did not come across my mind to make chiffon cake once I come back to Asia, reason being it's selling in many places here and it's cheap! But browsing through all those really great recipes from fellow blogger, apparently there's so many flavors out there, chocolate, blueberry, banana and even rose chiffon cake! Cool!

In order to get my "groove" back in baking a chiffon cake, I decided to start off by making my usual...Pandan Chiffon cake. :) That should not be too hard I think. :) *finger's crossed*Instead of using my usual recipe, I used the one from Yochana's Cake Delight. She's such a pro, by using her recipe, I was pretty confident that my cake will turn out okay.
Hey, hold up here...how come my chiffon cake did not have that brown crusting sides?! I was kind of disappointed when I unmold the cake...it did not look as nice as what the other blogger baked! Why?! *sigh* Perhaps my oven temperature is a bit low? Or perhaps my tube cake pan is not a good one? I guess I will have to try a higher temperature the next time to be sure. :-P But at least it did not flop...:-P
Overall the taste of the cake is really good, soft and fluffy, nice! My girls seems to like it a lot, my younger daughter ate 2 slices after I cut the cake! Already one third of the cake has been devoured....yippee!
Will perhaps do a bit more research on chiffon cakes baking before plunging into making one the next time round...looks like it's no easy peasy stuff for sure. ;) Might attempt to make plain vanilla or chocolate chiffon cake next time. :)

Anyway, do drop me a comment or two or even give me some pointers if you know where I might have done wrong?
Cheers!

7 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...

Look! You've got a nice pandan chiffon there! Keep going.... :)

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Not too nice...wish it's as nice as what you and the other blogger baked. ;) Thanks for the encouragement, will keep trying!

Anonymous said...

The padan cake is really bakery shop quality or better :-)

Anonymous said...

Where in California did you get the pandan flavor from? I am residing in the States and am craving for some pandan cake.....

Somewhere in Singapore said...

First time visit your blog....

Your Chiffon Cake is better than mine, i ever tried baking it, but was not successful...

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Hi Somwhere in Singapore,
Welcome to my blog! Well, I hope that you keep on trying baking chiffon, I believe soon you'll do it really well someday! Fighting!

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Hi Anonymous,
If you stay in Bay Area (that's where I stayed), you can try the Chinese supermarket, either Ranch 99 or Ocean to see if they have the pandan essence. BTW, I remembered having to pay like US$2.50 for 5 pandan leaves! Good luck!