Monday, March 2, 2009

Braided Cream Bread with Sweet Crumbles

I know, another bread post....what to do, I love bread, haha. ;) I got this recipe from a fellow blogger, Kitchen Corner. When I saw her post, I knew I had to make this recipe....and I was absolutely right to make it, the bread was scrumptious! The only regret was how come I did not double the recipe, haha! Thanks for sharing KC!
As you can see, mine turn out pretty ugly, as compared to the original recipe, mine really looked homemade, definitely not store bought, haha. ;)

The taste is really good, soft and buttery bread, almost like croissant texture...mmmm. Also the sweet crunchy crumbles on top was a great accompaniment for the bread, excellent!;)


A close shot of the texture of the bread...looks good right!
If you wonder how come my bread does not look any where near like a braided bread...well I guess it must be because I added too much crumbles on top? Or perhaps the pan I'm using did not allow proper rising during baking. Anyway below shows that I did braid the dough. A bit lopsided, haha!
A couple of differences between mine and the original recipe was I added 10g more sugar to the dough recipe and my dough actually required 4hrs to rise properly. Luckily I had plenty of time. :)
Anyway, do not hesitate to make this bread, it's easy and the dough is much easier to handle then most of the dough I'm made. Definitely a keeper.

2 comments:

rockdavinci.blogspot.com said...

I know this is a posting from 2009, but I just now came across it, and it really looks delicious. I have a soft spot for bread, and I think I am going to try it. Thanks.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

 glad that you like it Bee. Hope you enjoy baking and eating it.