Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pork Floss cum Raisin Bread

Have you ever got one of those days when one of your child wants one thing while the another child wants the other? Yes, I hear you....all the time. ;) It started when I asked them to choose between Raisin or Pork Floss bread. Not to play favoritism here, I decided to make both, haha. Well, there's always a first time for everything right, anyway don't be mistaken, I never mix raisins and pork floss together, just baked 2 small loafs in the same bread pan.

The bread recipe is the same as my previous Raisin Bread post. However this time I increase another half of the ingredients, i.e. 1.5 of the original recipe. After the first proof, I divided the dough to half, and use one half for pork floss filling and the other raisins.

I use 1/2 cup of packed pork floss (chicken floss if you prefer), scatter on the rolled out bread dough, shown below:Cover and seal the dough nicely so that the pork floss is conceal inside, roll up in Swiss roll form. Do as like for the Raisin loaf and place both dough in bread pan to proof for another 90 minutes. Something like the below photo:Brush top with egg wash and bake in the oven @ 180°C for 35 minutes, and Vola! Your 2 in 1 bread loaf, haha. :D
Here's a photo of the raisin loaf....My pork floss loaf was not rolled as nice....need more practice I guess. :-)
I guess it's only fair the next time I make my husband favorite as well, Ham & Cheese. That would means 3 in 1??? Well, we'll see...

No comments: